Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

About a boy who randomly posts but is filled with many thoughts, most of them ridiculous, some stupid and the odd one intriguing...

Tuesday, May 07, 2002

The news today had an interesting clip from the defeat party of French far-right candidate Jean-Marie Le Pen. Playing in the background was the Village People's YMCA. What has the world come to that a far-right extremist who polemically argues against immigration, even calling for the deportation of thousands of "unwanted immigrants" finds a homosexual liberation song inspiring? Maybe there's more to Le Pen than anyone expected :) It reminds me of a really long time ago when I did political rallies and Gary Filmon's campaign team played "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette as a warm-up tune. I'm all for Canadian content but somehow "will she go down on you in a theatre" seems inappropriate for a potential Premier? Maybe I'm just getting stodgy in my old age...